BEWARE OF BEKINS VAN LINES
I hired Bekins for a move from CA to WA, During the transport of my shipment, at least 50% of my items were damaged severely, lost and I will go as far to say, there is clear evidence that they were tampered with and pilfered through.
While an interstate move can be stressful alone, you would hope that you have retained the services of a reputable company. BEKINS or WHEATON, is NOT one of them! They are less than professional, have no obvious training of Customer Service and will offer you NO "FAIR" options when seeking clarity or assistance (beyond their initial baiting of course).
The Director of their Claims Department, Laura Pung actually offers her unique and creative skills in claims handling and Mentoring with a power-point presentation on the internet that actually states "Claims 101: Sorry, but there's nothing in your policy about fair. A fair is where you take a pig to win a prize". Nice... I still can't believe that Bekins / Wheaton finds this an acceptable presentation or practice, even after such was brought to their attention. You can look-up this presentation on the internet yourself under Laura Pung, Claim Creativity... whereby it states "WARNING, Claims Adjuster with an Attitude" (no doubt) and "World's Greatest Claims Adjuster", what a typical God like syndrome! ? Welcome to Laura Pung’s few minute of fame and self-admitted BAD FAITH instruction!
My losses and damages are as a direct result of Bekins GROSS NEGLIGENCE. The last thing that anyone would expect is to deal with a claims department that doesn't regard FAIR in their BUSINESS PRACTICES, based on their own admission! It is my understanding that an Adjuster is required to display "DISCERNMENT", which is a balance of contract enforcement and customers satisfaction. A claim representative has a duty, in good faith, to investigate and resolve claims promptly and "FAIRLY" for an insurer and claimant, not seek ways to deceive or deny provisional coverage in an effort to mitigate their exposures. This is a violation of their FIDUCIARY DUTY!
Bekins has you sign a different Bill of Lading than the one that is listed in their Tariff. BE AWARE, this offers them alternative ways to avoid their liability, it places it "AT THEIR OPTION", not yours as advertised. Bekins will place your shipment in a storage/warehouse and not advise you, as well as lie to you about it when asking where your shipment is in route. When you ask for specific information on these facilities, such will take months to obtain, if all!
They use subcontractors (according to the FMSCA they have a fleet of 1 under their DOT number). They do not tell you that subcontractors will be used, nor will they provide you their information or DOT numbers when asked, despite it is required of them to provide under their own Tariff. They will refuse you their damage report(s), form(s), operational procedure(s) and investigation information stating that these are all internal documents and a "Breach of Privacy"... for who? Their movers, their warehouse, their sub-contractors, their Agents...? This is actually a Breach of clear entitled disclosure and their Fiduciary Duty by way of Bekins denial and actions! This information is to be supplied based on their own Tariff and by the FMSCA and the Federal Department of Transportation, and when requested, cannot be denied… but is!
I have lost personal belongings and thousand based on having my items transported by this company. I have gone directly to the VP of Claims, John Weissert and the CEO Mark Kirschner that will not even give you the courtesy of an explanation or review of your loss or terrible experience in an effort to rectify such, even when you provide proofs and specific inquiries.
I have found BEKINS is unreliable or trustworthy. They advertise "Trust goes a long way". BEKINS IS A SCAM company and you should not trust their services. You can search all over the internet in regards to numerous complaints of their SHANTY DECEPTIVE business dealings. You can find many lawsuits as well, fortunately LOST by Bekins for exactly these reasons. Please do not be fooled, they go under many names, they are partnered with Wheaton as well. BEWARE OF BEKINS, you may experience the same as I have. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone!!! Shame on you BEKINS VAN LINES !!!!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Errors and omissions
- Poor communication
- Bad faith dealings
- Deceptive business practice
- Staff that lies
- Reason of review:
- UNFAIR Business Practice
- Preferred solution:
- FAIR review and communication! A Response to my inquiries and the honoring of their Full Replacement Value Protection purchased!!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bekins Moving And Storage Moving Service
- Bekins Moving And Storage Moving Service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "I had yet another bad experience with U-Haul. This is my second move with them in six years and both were horrible experiences. Regarding my contract number 22894473, I picked up..."
- "We hired Dodge Moving & Storage to transfer our belongings from St. Louis, MO to Granbury, Texas. They basically damaged or destroyed every set we owned. Found out that they..."
- "On March 6, 2016, I contracted with LD Moving and Storage to help move and relocate our items from El Cajon, CA to Gulfport, MS. Prior to this, Budget..."
- "Here is a history of the correspondence and terrible service I have received from BrickFence. You can make up you own mind as to whether to do business with this..."
- "Placed an order as a gift on 10/18/14, Dress Lily accepted payment on 10/20/14. Tried to use their order monitoring site to check status of order, but the order..."
- "Took my little girl to Claire's today. We walk into the store and a sales person made sure to tell us the entire store was buy 3 get 3 for..."
- "Soy consumidor de tecnología , y los productos son como en la descripción de la página web se indica. Llegan los productos en un paquete bien protegidos, y los..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."